Head of the CCI of Uzbekistan Adham Ikramov signed an agreement to launch a new project “Resource Efficiency in the Agri-Food Industry” with a budget of 3 million euros, 80% of which will be covered by grants from the European Commission.
The project will cover food industry enterprises located in Bukhara, Ferghana and Tashkent regions, and will be aimed at assisting local enterprises in the transition to a green economy by introducing sustainable consumption and production practices in the agricultural sector.
Within the framework of this project, it is planned to attract highly qualified experts from Germany, Austria and India, together with which over 4 years the CCI will organize work in the following areas:
– conducting needs assessments and informing small enterprises about the opportunities to improve their activities through the introduction of resource and energy conservation tools;
– providing practical assistance to 300 small enterprises in increasing their resource and energy efficiency;
– assisting local financial institutions in introducing new financing instruments based on the concept of sustainable consumption and production;
– training of 30 local consultants on improving resource and energy efficiency;
– assisting the integration of lean manufacturing practices in existing agro-clusters;
– institutional development of local organizations in the long-term impact of production processes on the environment, etc.
This project is launched within the framework of the EU Commission program “SWITCH Asia” with the participation of representatives of the consortium, which includes organizations and consulting companies from Germany, Austria, India, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.