05 January 2023

The most expensive license plate of 2022 was bought in Uzbekistan for 348 million soums

In 2022, almost 120,000 license plates worth more than 304 billion soums were bought through online trading on the stock exchange. The most expensive number cost the car owner 348 million soums, the cheapest – 494 thousand soums.

In 2022, more than 118,000 license plates worth 304.1 billion soums were sold in the electronic trading system of the Uzbek Republican Commodity and Raw Materials Exchange through online auctions, the press service of UzEX reported.

The minimum cost of the purchased number was 494.9 thousand soums, and the cost of the most expensive number was 348 million soums. The average cost of one transaction amounted to 2.6 million soums. 91% of the sold license plates were purchased by individuals, 9% – by legal entities.

As a result of the auction, 5% of completed transactions fall on premium class autonumbers, 8% – on the 2nd category, 8% – on the 3rd category, 11% – on the 4th category, 22% – on the 5th category and 46% – for the 6th category of license plates.

The largest number of license plates by region was purchased in Tashkent and Tashkent region (31%), Samarkand and Kashkadarya (8% each), Namangan, Andijan and Surkhandarya (7% each), as well as Khorezm (6%) regions.

80% of the funds from the sale of license plates at online auctions were directed to the state budget, the remaining 20% – to the fund for the development of the material and technical base, social incentives for employees and other expenses of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.